Monday 22 March 2010

Welcome to Ottilia's Visions - a new photoblog

Welcome to Ottilia's Visions blog.

This blog is dedicated to the art of photography, and will be my forum to exhibit my pics and discuss all aspects of photographing.

For the past two years I have been writing in Finnish a blog called Suomalaisena Virossa (As a Finn in Estonia), where I have shared my thoughts and experiences of my life as an expat in Estonia. It has become quite popular, I am happy to say, and one reason to this may be the fact, that I use a lot of photos to illustrate my stories.

How does one become an expat? I guess, we all have different reasons. For me it was all about changing my life in every possible way. Four years ago I had it. I was deadly bored with my not-so-well-paid but steady job and the everyday strain of business life. So I quit it and moved to South Estonia, more precisely to Otepää where I opened a small but cosy family hotel called Villa Ottilia. From my old life only my husband Kimmo and my dog Ronja followed. I have never regretted it.

Actually my name is Tiina Linkama, Ottilia is just a nickname my husband gave me. It is also the name of my enterprise: Ottilia Oü.

So I am Ottilia, my hotel is Villa Ottilia and my blog is Ottilia's Visions. There is still one more Ottilia, namely my e-mail business, which is a small outlet selling my photos of Estonia. At the moment the site is all in Finnish, but you are welcome to have a look of this gallery that carries almost identical name to this blog: Ottilia Visions. All photos are from Estonia, most of them landscapes,   but I am now widening the selection to cover other subjects, too.

So now you know something about me. For starters. I hope we will become friends. I hope you let me share my visions with you.

Once more: welcome to Ottilia's Visions

No comments:

Post a Comment