Tuesday 8 February 2011

Still more still-flowers

I submitted my post to DPS's weekly assignment a couple of days ago, and I will stick to it. Even though afterwards I got a litte carried away and later experimented with some dried flowers of yesteryear's amaryllis. And for a while considered changing my posting. But let it be.

Let's go to my second try of still life photography of flowers!

Experimenting is always great fun, and I was quite happy with the results: the dead flowers had their final moments!





As said, experimenting is always good fun. And if the experiments produce something interesting, all the better!
Let me introduce my studio for this particular case:

Firstly, the subject matter: dried flowers, not really very pretty as such:




Lighting: simple natural light that came through the balcony windows.

Other apparatus: I needed a flower holder that would keep the poor flower against light:



For that purpose I used an old IKEA foot lamp, from which I removed the actual lamp and used the foot.


And my studio was ready for the actual shooting:





No comments:

Post a Comment